At SaaStock we are committed to making our events more diverse and inclusive. The SaaS industry must work harder to bring marginalized voices to centre stage, inclusive of gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, ability, sexuality and neurodiversity.
We have a long way to go. We must set forward pragmatic steps and concrete goals to achieve specific objectives. Shifting the system to be more respectful and accessible cannot happen in a vacuum, and we are privileged to partner with Zendesk on this journey.
Your Title Here
#TakingStock Inclusivity Pledge
We are not the first to take a pledge about diversity and inclusion. And hopefully, we are by far not the last. Each pledge and those who sign and follow it make a little dent in the ceiling we need to shatter for everyone collectively.
There is a range of voices out there, which we collectively have failed to represent. Shifting the system to be more respectful, inclusive, accessible and diverse won’t happen overnight. But it starts now.
1. We commit to sourcing diversity in our speaker and content lineup for all SaaStock conferences: inclusive of gender, age, ability, sexuality and neurodiversity.
2. We actively seek a more diverse audience through engaging with our community. We work with our delegates ensuring diverse teams are sourced, sought for and represented onsite.
3. We offer a scholarship to ensure that underrepresented groups can make their voices heard at SaaStock, providing a platform to help address inequality of opportunity, not to check a diversity box.
4. We structure and share our marketing materials to ensure we foster diversity and promote its fundamental tenets and benefits to all actors in the ecosystem.
5. We safeguard the onsite experience for all of our attendees through ensuring our Code of Conduct is respected and that our show floor, activities and breakout rooms are designed with everyone's needs in mind.
6. We acknowledge our failures and share best practices openly and honestly. We strive to foster an open dialogue with our community and will continue to evolve our events with your feedback.
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
You can help us further our mission by signing the pledge. We understand it will ultimately mean different things depending on your role in a conference. Every signature indicates the following intentions.
Examine the conference lineup for its diversity of voices and values and flag anything to the SaaStock team or shout about it on social
Ensure the safety and security of your fellow delegates and respect the Code of Conduct
Express any concerns to the conference organisers and know that your concerns will be heard and acted upon
FOUNDERS AND EXECUTIVES
Structure your business and its leadership team to be open and inclusive
Send diverse teams to represent your brand onsite and commit to sourcing their opinions and inisght
Share your commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion through your network and social channels
Commit to broadening the reach of your portfolio by investing in founders from diverse backgrounds
Collaborate with members of the SaaS community to ensure your diversify your reach and remit
Connect with leaders from marginalised groups and bring them into your organisation and the top level
While we do not believe in just giving away free tickets to our conference as a way of ticking a diversity box, the fact is that not everyone is able to join us. Affording the time and or the money to be away from the office for 2 days is a luxury that only a privileged set of the community has. We cannot accept that. That is why we have established the #TakingStock Scholarship fund. If you believe you deserve a free ticket to SaaStock East Coast, please apply and we will get back to you.